Monday, April 16, 2012

The Snows of Kilimanjaro


 This is the start of a series of pieces I plan on doing in my spare time on Ernest Hemingway short stories.  I've filled my portfolio up with enough portraits to last quite a while, now onto some storytelling.

  So, why not tackle a heavy hitter first?  So here's a piece on The Snows of Kilimanjaro.  Without going into it too much ( because I enjoyed the work enough that I'd like for it to speak for itself, and well... Hemingway doesn't really need to be summed up and simplified.), it's a story of work unfinished, the depths a human being and sink too when faced with a fate they cannot change, and the ability to accept it.  I chose to focus in on the protagonist's urge to destroy his own possessions rather than leave them behind.



Here's a link to the full text online if anyone is interested!





2 comments: